Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Marc!

Today is a special day for my dear friend Marc Olmsted; it's his birthday! He gets to celebrate, have his wishes granted, and most importantly, he now qualifies for membership in AARP. This is very important because with his AARP membership card he can get discounts on hotels, airfares, and milkshakes at participating restaurants. He also now gets to say and do outrageous things because he can blame any faux pas on being 50. I know this from personal experience. Please drop by his blog and wish him a happy birthday!

I wanted a birthday song for Marc, so I went to YouTube. I came across a song that sums up the one lesson that I've learned in life, that friends are there for you and the greatest treasure that anyone can have. Thanks for being my blogami, my dear Marc.



You've Got A Friend
written by Carol King
performed by James Taylor


When you're down and troubled
and you need a helping hand,
and nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
and soon I will be there
to brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
and you know wherever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
all you got to do is call
and I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

If the sky above you
should turn dark and full of clouds
and that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud now
and soon I'll be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, spring, summer or fall
all you got to do is call
and I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Hey, ain't it good to know that you've got a friend?
People can be so cold.
They'll hurt you and desert you.
Well they'll take your soul if you let them.
Oh yeah, but don't you let them.

You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Oh babe, don't you know that,
Winter spring summer or fall,
Hey now, all you've got to do is call.
Lord, I'll be there, yes I will.
You've got a friend.
You've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
You've got a friend.

9 comments:

aims said...

Hi Sheria and happy birthday to your good friend, Marc! AARP sounds pretty cool! Especially the way you describe it.

I am glad you moved over here and I will "follow" you so we don't lose touch. I hope you're doing well. I'll check back with you soon, dear.

Mia

Sage Ravenwood said...

What a Heartfelt entry for Marc's birthday. He had mentioned it was this week, thanks for letting me know it was today. Love this song, it says so much in a few words. (Hugs)Indigo

Mark Olmsted said...

Aw Shucks! First a happy dance and then a big cry! This is going to be one of those birthdays!

Anonymous said...

ooo a Favorite song of mine :)

LOL sheria your a nut LOL @ aarp !

~ Christopher ~

http://cmarlow480.blogspot.com/

Beth said...

Birthday wishes given. Personally, I'm looking forward to AARP. I'm gonna snag all the stuff I can as an official "senior citizen," and if I don't get my way, I'll be like that cranky lady who yells, "Get off my lawn, you damn kids!"

I've only got 4 years to go....

Beth

Ken Riches said...

Birthday wishes delivered. Glad you made an entry today and that things are getting a little better for you.

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

You mean I've wasted 3 years of good excuses? I've got to go catch up!
It's good to see you!
Hugs, Leigh

Marie Rayner said...

Happy Birthday to your good friend Marc! I didn't realize that I have been missing out on these wonderful priveledges! I turned 53 in August and haven't ever redeemed any of them! I love this song. It's my all time favourite song. Thanks so much for posting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me about that song. My 50th birthday was earlier this year so I have an excuse for forgetting things, even things I like.

I've been reading your AOL blog (not quite regularly) for several months but didn't know about this one until this morning. I'm glad you're not going to disappear when AOL Journals closes.